Let's assume your practice is open each day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. How do you handle after hours patient inquiries? We've come up with a few dental PPC strategies to make sure your campaigns are working hard even while you are not!
Our Google Ads data for dental clients reveals some interesting statistics that should make you re-consider how, when, and where you advertise when your office isn't open (and has been updated for 2020!):
- 45% of clicks occur after 5 p.m. and before 8 a.m. the following morning
- Our average Cost Per Click is 29% lower after business hours
- After hours searchers are far more likely to be using a smartphone or tablet
Dental PPC Strategies That You Can Implement Today
Now you know. It's essential to capture and convert!
Your patients are actively searching for dentists and willing to engage with your practice long after you've gone home for the evening. Even if your staff is not around to answer the phones, there are some things you can do to minimize the possibility of losing these patients to a competitor:
- Change your PPC ads by time of day: schedule your phone call extensions to show only when the phones are manned, then switch to a lead capture Call To Action
- Use your voicemail system to play an "after hours" message to encourage callers to leave a message and offer to return their calls first thing in the morning
- Better yet, use a call answering service with a live human that can field inquiries and schedule follow-up phone calls from your staff in the morning
- Have a prominent email lead form on your website with an "after hours" message that encourages people to email you. Set the expectation that they will get a phone call back first thing in the morning
- If you handle emergencies or have a dentist on call, show separate ads after hours and on weekends that explains this. You are MUCH more likely to get qualified clicks and immediate phone calls this way
The bottom line is this: you have the opportunity and the PPC tools to land new patients much more affordably after your competitors have shut off their campaigns for the day. Don't waste the opportunity by providing a poor customer service!
Interested in learning more about your dental practice's digital marketing strategy? Our dental website guide discusses best practices shared by top-ranking dental practice websites—or, in other words, your competitors.
In it, you'll learn why differentiating your practice is more important than ever. Much like this blog, we'll also discuss opportunities to improve the patient experience. Ultimately, a comprehensive digital marketing strategy—one that incorporates dental PPC strategies as well as an organic search component—helps drive results.
What’s the health of your dental website?
Our guide discusses ways to make your dental practice stand out from the competition.