- April 5, 2013
Let’s assume your practice is open each day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. How do you handle after hours patient inquiries? We’ve come up with a few dental PPC strategies to make sure your campaigns are working hard even while you are not!
Our AdWords data for dental clients reveals some interesting statistics that should make you re-consider how, when, and where you advertise when your office isn’t open:
- 42% of clicks occur after 5 p.m. and before 8 a.m. the following morning
- 43% of searches occur after 5 p.m. and before 8 a.m. the following morning
- Our average Cost Per Click is 10% lower after business hours
- Our average Conversion Rate is 28% higher after business hours
- This results in a Cost Per Conversion that is 29% LOWER after business hours
- After hours searchers are far more likely to be using a smartphone or tablet
Now You Know. Capture & Convert!
This means that patients are actively searching for dentists and willing to engage with your practice long after you’ve gone home for the evening. Even if your staff are not around to answer the phones, there are some things you can do to minimize the possibility of losing these patients to a competitor:
- Change your PPC ads by time of day: schedule your phone call extensions to show only when the phones are manned, then switch to a lead capture Call To Action
- Use your voicemail system to play an “after hours” message to encourage callers to leave a message and offer to return their calls first thing in the morning
- Better yet, use a call answering service with a live human that can field inquiries and schedule follow-up phone calls from your staff in the morning
- Have a prominent email lead form on your website with an “after hours” message that encourages people to email you. Set the expectation that they will get a phone call back first thing in the morning
- If you handle emergencies or have a dentist on call, show separate ads after hours and on weekends that explains this. You are MUCH more likely to get qualified clicks and immediate phone calls this way
The bottom line is this: you have the opportunity and the PPC tools to land new patients much more affordably after your competitors have shut off their campaigns for the day. Don’t waste the opportunity by providing a poor customer service!
(CC photo credit: Leo Reynolds on Flickr)