- April 24, 2017
- January 9, 2014
It all started with an app.
Why Facebook is blue: The science of colors in marketing http://t.co/Ac8183zlan
— Buffer (@buffer) December 5, 2013
Adding Buffer to Chrome, has changed the entire way I browse, share, and consume online media.
For a long time now I have silently applauded all the social media managers for creating communities, growing audiences, and increasing engagement. But how they were doing this and helping businesses succeed online remained enigmatic.
As I read more and more about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ I became increasingly interested in how savvy marketers were able to mobilize audiences on social platforms, especially on Facebook and Twitter.
Learn Social Media Marketing Quickly from the Experts
“Today’s modern day curator is a curator of knowledge. We have come to rely on the best to tell us what is good and what isn’t. Their history of shares heightens their status in some cases to social connoisseur, a title not easily earned. Right now, the supply of content is plenty, but someone who can guide us to know where to look and what to read saves us time and becomes a trusted connoisseur. A true curator knows the work put in to make something sing and the energy behind something.” Brian Kramer
With so much content, and so many with well-wrought headlines, it’s easy to spend hours upon hours sifting through blogs, scrolling down tower infographics, and sampling all the 30 day free trials of flashy new reports.
While I’m certainly not the social connoisseur described by Brian Kramer, I have at least I combed through the vast social media jungle and compiled a useful list from experts in the field of social media.
In this guide you will learn how to:
- Use social media tools to discover the most popular content shared on a domain
- Utilize social media tools to locate influencers within your niche
- Learn how to increase your Twitter followers
- Learn how to increase Retweets
- Learn how to increase Facebook likes
- Learn how to run a successful Facebook campaign
- Understand Facebook Insights
- Understand Google Analytics social media reports
I’ve even added a bonus section for the pertinacious souls who make it all the way to the end of the guide!
Getting Started with Social Media Marketing
— Simply Measured (@simplymeasured) January 2, 2014
Is your social media marketing plan ready to launch for this year?
- 2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report
- 10 Steps to Facebook Success in 2014
- The Truly Monumental Guide to Community Building
- The Ultimate Guide to Running Online Competitions
- Essential Twitter Card and Facebook Opengraph Mark Up
How To Grow Your Twitter Followers & Get More Retweets
— Kristi Hines (@kikolani) January 6, 2014
“Give love to the “little guy.” In addition to being a kick-ass content curator, take the extra step to find the Twitter handle of the author/designer of whatever content you want to share. That small effort will pay off in Twitter followers by the spades.” Mandy Kilinskis
Sometimes, all it takes is being a little more active than usual on twitter. A simple way to start immediately adding followers is to mention authors in individual tweets. The more and more you read about social media, the more you will realize that all you have to do is be…social. Shocking, I know.
- 10 Surprising New Twitter Stats to Help You Reach More Followers
- How to Increase Your Twitter Engagement by 324%
- How To Share Your Tweets At Optimal Times: Followerwonk and Buffer Team Up
- 17 Tactics for More Twitter Followers (And Two New Followerwonk Features to Help!)
- The Art of Getting Retweets
- 10 Ways to Increase Your Twitter Followers and 10 Essential Tools to Do It
How to Use Twitter to Generate Leads
— Twitter Advertising (@TwitterAds) January 7, 2014
- Twitter Card Lead-Gen Cards. Mind=Blown.
- Use Twitter Lead-Gen Cards to Increase Email Subscriptions
- How to Use Twitter Ads for More Exposure, Leads, and Sales
Creating a Facebook Strategy That Gets Results
— Amy Porterfield (@AmyPorterfield) November 1, 2013
#Does #Adding #Hashtags #really #help #increase #the #number #of #people #who #read #my #post?
- Facebook’s Page Guidelines
- Facebook Contest Rules and Guidelines Explained
- First Things First: Audit your Facebook page
- 4 Easy Steps to Implement a Facebook Marketing Strategy
- 8 Facebook Apps to Enhance Your Facebook Page
- Understand your Numbers: How to Use the New Facebook Insights
- Interpreting Facebook Page Insights: Reach vs. Engagement
How to Increase Engagement on Facebook
17 Inspirational Lessons from Some of the World’s Best eCommerce Facebook Pages http://t.co/fdMks2fPxz
— KISSmetrics.com (@KISSmetrics) December 21, 2013
The first question most social media managers have when starting to learn about social media is how to increase likes for their brand pages. In order to get more likes and increase the levels of engagement with your audience, read what these experts have to say on the subject.
- 7 Powerful Facebook Statistics You Should Know For A More Engaging Facebook Page
- How To Get More Likes on Facebook
- Facebook Incentives Customers Will Care About
- How to Draw People to Your Facebook Page Again and Again
- Hashtags on Facebook Do Nothing To Help Additional Exposure
Learn How to Run a Successful Facebook Contest for Your Page
— Jeff Bullas (@jeffbullas) January 8, 2014
- 10 Steps to Running a Successful Facebook Contest
- How to Sell on Facebook Using Images
- How to Use Your Facebook Cover Image to Generate Leads
- 4 Ways Marketers Can Use Facebook Hashtags
To get maximum impact for Facebook posts with paid. Post -> monitor. Is that post doing well comparatively? If yes, then promote. #isum13
— Ignite Social Media (@ignitesma) November 13, 2013
“Facebook Ad targeting is what makes Facebook Ads worth doing.” James Scherer
- 3 Cornerstones For Using Facebook Ads
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Ad Sizes
- Easy to Understand Infographic Answering your Questions about Facebook Ads
- Facebook Rejecting Your Ads? Here’s Why
Sharing is Caring & Going Viral
— Kate Buck Jr. (@katebuckjr) January 5, 2014
Kate’s tweet makes an important point: no amount of data is going to make your content viral. But you can leverage it to increase the chance that if you have done something worth talking about, it will get noticed and spread.
Did you know that by simply adding sharing buttons makes your content 7 times more likely to spread? Learn the other secrets to going viral in these smartly researched articles below.
- What makes content spread: The anatomy of a post that got over 500,000 likes
- 5 key elements for your content to go viral
- A Scientific Guide to Writing Great headlines on Twitter, Facebook and your Blog
- 10 Secrets to Finding and Sharing Better Content on Social Media
- Why You Should Share Your Blog Post More Than Once on Social Media: The Case for Reposting Content
10 Social Media Tools to Improve Your Social Media Strategy
— SocialMediaExaminer (@smexaminer) January 1, 2014
While everyone is familiar with HootSuite and Bit.ly, below are 10 social media tools that you really can’t live without.
These tools will be most useful for engaging in social listening. Adding these tools to your social quiver will allow you to be where your audience is and obtain a more precise understanding of what types of content are successful with your audience and what content your competition has created that has resonated with audiences much like your own.
I’ve also included popular tools for social reporting, tools that combine robust information and actionable insights with wonderful data visualization.
- All My Tweets
- Wildfire app by Google
- Sprout Social
- Simply Measured
- DiggDigg by Buffer
Bonus! 12 Essential Social Media Blogs You Must Read Now
Social media makes us more alone together.
— Modern Kierkegaard (@KierkegaardNow) January 3, 2014
Subscribe to their RSS feed.
Subscribe to their email list.
Just don’t miss their content. These are social media blogs that consistently post reliable and useful information.
- Boom Social
- Social Fresh
- Social Media Examiner
- Jeff Bullas
- Social Media Today
- KISS Metrics Blog
- Razor Social
- Ignite Social Media Blog
- Pagemodo’s Blog
- Amy Porterield
- The Buffer Blog
- Social Media Explorer