Most companies are not sure what kind of ROI to expect from SEO efforts. Some want a guarantee, others trust that the results will come with proper implementation and support from a qualified consultant.
I thought I’d share a quick glimpse into the results I achieved for one of my favorite clients in Ann Arbor in early 2009. We are not talking about huge traffic numbers, but when you sell a niche service in a small market, even a few hundred extra visits a month can be the difference between a good month and a GREAT month!
For those not intimately familiar with Google Analytics, here’s what we’re looking at:
- A comparison of March 2010 (blue line) to March 2009 (green line)
- Organic (non-paid) visits from search engines
- Non-branded keywords that do not include the company name (important!)
The results speak for themselves:
- Visits more than doubled (+103%)
- Visitors are spending more time on the site and viewing more pages
- More visitors click through beyond the page they land on instead of abandoning the site without clicking deeper (bounce rate)
The results for other clients have been as dramatic (or better in a lot of cases), but this a simple way to measure the success of any SEO effort.
Perhaps even simpler, the client has mentioned he is overwhelmed with new customers and has to hire more help to fill the need. Those are the types of results I like to see!