Your marketing textbooks were written last century. Today’s marketing strategies require tight integration with search engines and social media. I am seeking an intern that wants to learn and apply Search Engine Marketing (SEM) strategies and tactics in real-life situations with real clients.
You will learn and contribute to our clients’ success in:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): better search rankings = more traffic = more $$
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising: efficient, effective advertising when done right…a train wreck when mismanaged
- Website Analytics: if you can measure it, you can improve it
- Blogging and Content Creation: finding your voice in the crowd
- Social Media: people + relationships = communication
Requirements (more like guidelines, really):
- Basic understanding of marketing and advertising. Search Engine Marketing does not exist in a vacuum.
- You won’t be required to code anything, but you must be able to read and understand basic HTML and CSS structures. A basic understanding of how websites, servers, and browsers work is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. If charts, formulas, and pivot tables scare you, this might not work out.
- Strong writing skills.
- Curiosity, initiative, and attention to detail.
- This is an unpaid internship that could lead to hourly compensation for the right person.
- No experience necessary. You will learn a lot on the job.
- 10-20 hours per week. Flexible scheduling around other jobs, classes, etc.
- Beginning mid/late June. You can stay as long as you want.
- Office located at the intersection of Main and Liberty in downtown Ann Arbor.
Still interested? Have questions?
Email me (andrew [at] yoursearchadvisor [dot] com) and explain why you think you have what it takes to succeed in the industry. A resume would be nice too.
Andrew Miller is a Search Engine Marketing consultant in Ann Arbor, MI. Prior to starting his own company, Andrew was the in-house SEO Manager at CarMax, a Fortune 500 retailer based in Richmond, VA. Current clients rely on him for customized, integrated online marketing strategies that include Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click Advertising, Social Media Strategy, and Website Analytics Implementation.