As you can probably tell by now, I have released a new design for yoursearchadvisor.com. It’s a much cleaner design to replace my original “this will have to do for now” design. The content is fundamentally the same, but the expanded home page gives me more room to post updated news and the blog template now finally matches the rest of the site.
Speaking of the blog template, if you use WordPress I highly recommend using ThemesPress.com. For $10 you can convert any HTML template into a WordPress theme. Yes, it sounds too good to be true. Getting a fully custom job takes a little more work than they claim, but if you know a little HTML, CSS and can dabble in PHP, give it a try. It will save you countless hours of fumbling the next time you need to integrate a WordPress theme into an existing site. I had my theme complete in a little over half an hour.
There are still some changes to be made:
- Create a higher-res logo.
- Finish tweaking the blog template to make it more legible and spread out the posts and comments a little more.
- Test on more browsers (any Opera or Safari users, your feedback is appreciated).
- Get the blog template as close to XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant as possible. I’m quite proud of the fact that the rest of the pages are. WordPress is a little stickier.
- Re-add the RSS feed buttons and other widgets to the blog template.
- Continue to add resources and glossary entries.
Please leave a comment and let me know if you see any issues with the layout, content or functionality. I appreciate it!