According to an article in the UK’s Telegraph, Twitter recorded it’s 5 billionth “tweet” yesterday. Appropriately, the full text was “Oh lord.”
Other interesting tidbits:
- Twitter logs about 300 tweets per second.
- The 5 billionth tweet is affectionately known as the “pentagigatweet”.
- As of this past April, there had only been 1.6 billion tweets, meaning 3.4 billion have been sent in the past 6 months alone.
- Since posting the “pentagigatweet”, he has said that he intends to delete it, creating a zombie version called the “necropentagigatweet”.
- My Top 5 Twitter Pet Peeves from February ’09 are still true.
- As I predicted in March of ’08, Twitter is still not a marketing revolution except for a clever few that have adapted to the new communications platform.