How can YouTube grow your business?
YouTube provides virtually limitless potential for marketing. But it's equally essential to make the most of your efforts. This isn’t just about finding out who’s watching your videos—it’s also about optimizing your current content to reach relevant audiences and reduce wasted ad spend.
“We hired Workshop Digital to help us build on and improve our paid digital marketing efforts—and they delivered. They helped us consistently grow our traffic and leads. They're always on top of the latest online marketing trends and make sure that our campaigns are reflecting these changes.”Kelly Williams, Marketing Manager at Woodfin
What are the differences between traditional media and YouTube advertising? Unlike television ads, display advertising techniques on platforms like YouTube enable you to track how users are engaging with your ads—and the actions they are taking once they do.
Reach your audience where they’re consuming media.
Simply put, YouTube marketing offers more precise targeting options. You’re not just targeting audience reach or frequency—you’re focusing your efforts on hyper-specific channels, topics, and audiences, and user actions. Here are the types of targeting YouTube offers:
- Demographic groups: Target based on age, gender, parental status, or income.
- Detailed demographics: Focus on additional shared traits, such as college students, homeowners, or new parents.
- Interests: Tailor your content around shared interest, including consumers who are considering buying similar services or products; or those who display behavior shifts during life milestones, like marriage or college graduation.
- Video remarketing: Reach viewers based on previous interactions with your videos, ads, or YouTube channel.
- Website and app remarketing: Show ads to people who've engaged with your website or mobile app—or those who are already interested in your products or services.
- Customer Match: Use online and offline data to reach and re-engage your customers across YouTube and Google video partners.
- Similar Audiences: Target based on data lists—usually remarketing lists or Customer Match lists—to expand the reach of your best-performing audiences.
What you need to advertise on YouTube.
At Workshop Digital, we help your videos gain visibility—and ensure you’re spending money on the right users. YouTube can also bolster your existing paid search marketing strategy. This includes utilizing remarketing lists across display channels and YouTube to drive results.
Get The Most From Your YouTube Ads
This breakdown of our Google Ads Account Audit includes a look at your YouTube ads and will show you all of the important factors we examine when we're bringing on a new paid media client. See what our pros see with this free guide.
See how we're using YouTube marketing to help businesses like yours
New Google Ads Campaign Types Increase Leads by 300% for Personal Injury Law Firm
A Central Virginia personal injury law firm with over 30 attorneys challenged our Paid Media team to help them stay ahead of the competition and drive qualified leads with new Google Ads campaign types.Read More →
5 Actions to Successfully Cut Your Google Ads Budget
A Fiat dealership was having difficulty competing in a rural new vehic…Read More →
How to Spend More of Your Google Ads Budget
Google Ads is typically very good at helping you spend your budget, as…Read More →
You'll be in good company
Get started now
Interested in learning more about bolstering your current paid or display strategy with YouTube? Contact us today to find out how you can make YouTube a more effective part of your digital marketing plan.