I have been working a lot more with the Yahoo! Search Marketing platform for a new client over the past couple of weeks. I had some questions while setting up a new account and launching new campaigns that weren’t answered in their very sparse online help sections. Specifically, since this client will be spending a significant amount of money (six figures) in the 4th quarter would we be able to be invoiced instead of putting it all on a company credit card? Also, is there a way to get daily keyword performance reports for a time period of more than one day?
Fearing long periods on hold and less-than-helpful representatives, I reluctantly called the phone number listed at the bottom of each page in the YSM interface. To my surprise, my call was answered within 30 seconds both times. The representatives were extremely knowledgeable and friendly and quickly understood and answered my questions. While I wasn’t happy with their answers (“after 3 months” and “no”, respectively), I appreciate the rapid response and level of familiarity with the product.
Yahoo!, if you’re listening, I have a few suggestions:
- Give your telephone customer service reps a raise.
- Respond to my email requests for support. I sent one each time and never heard back.
- Update and enhance your online help section. I shouldn’t have that much trouble finding simple answers like these.
- Make it possible for me to export ANY and ALL of my campaign data (daily or hourly for any date range) in one massive file. I can produce the graphs and reports I need much faster in Excel pivot tables and Access than your online interface.
- Too much data is better than too little.
- Make your online reporting tools more flexible and customizable. If I want hourly reporting on each keyword for the past week, I should be able to get it.
That’s it. Every now and then it feels good to recognize people for good work instead of ranting.